3,000 hospitals and schools add vegan burgers to their menus


The MorningStar Farms food brand, a subsidiary of The Kellogg Company, will expand its “Incogmeato” vegan meat line to more than 3,000 hospitals and schools. Kellogg’s is expanding its partnership with catering company Sodexo to meet growing demand for plant-based protein options. Sodexo already serves MorningStar Farms Spicy Black Bean Burgers and has just added Incogmeato Burger Patties to its offering, starting with the health sector.

“We are delighted to extend our partnership with Kellogg’s Away From Home [its food service arm] offer our carnivorous customers a vegetable protein … [allow them to] making more sustainable, plant-based choices without sacrificing what they love about meat, ”said Rob Morasco, senior director of culinary development at Sodexo. “More and more people are exploring plant-based food options and we have seen an increasing demand in our industry… Plant-based meat alternatives also support Sodexo’s carbon reduction goal of reducing 34% operational and supply chain carbon emissions by 2025, a commitment of our Better Tomorrow 2025 plan.

Kellogg’s Incogmeato Vegan Meat Line

MorningStar’s Incogmeato line of vegan meat products debuted in grocery stores and through restaurant partners in early 2020. Products aim to replicate the look and taste of original meats. animal and include vegan burger patties, chickens and nuggets.

Before adding the Incogmeato vegan sausage to its line in 2019, the brand partnered with Pizza Hut to test the new vegan Italian sausage at a location in Phoenix, Arizona. The limited-time test featured the plant-based sausage atop Garden Specialty Pizza, which also included onions, mushrooms, and banana peppers and could be ordered vegan with the cheese omitted. While this test ultimately did not result in a nationwide offering of the Incogmeato vegan sausage at the restaurant, Pizza Hut continued its vegan meat offerings and became the first chain in its category to launch vegan meat on a scale. national with its two Beyond Pan Pizzas in partnership with Au-loin de la Meat.VegNews.PizzaHutIncogmeatoFinal1

Feeding Gen Z’s vegan meat cravings

Incogmeato’s expansion into schools means it can focus on showcasing its brand to Gen Z audiences. Kellogg’s own research found that the kind of ‘meat-like’ experience offered by Incogmeato is the preferred choice of 40% of Gen Z and Millennials surveyed by the company, while the remaining 60% of those surveyed prefer herbal products. protein like the Spicy Black Bean Burger from MorningStar Farms. Morning

The Gen Z group is also helping to advance the vegan movement. Reports suggest they are more likely to switch to alternative proteins to help save the environment than older generations.

“Our Incogmeato line is a delicious, herbal solution for Sodexo customers looking for a true meat experience,” said Zach Ramos, Managing Director of Kellogg’s Away From Home. “We are proud to offer our partner operators plant-based options that give their customers what they crave, especially as consumer demand for meat-like products continues to grow.”

Love the vegetable way of life as much as we do?
Get the best vegan recipes, Trip, celebrity interviews, choice of products, and more within each number of VegNews Magazine. Find out why VegNews is the 1st vegetable magazine by subscribing today!

Subscribe


Source link

Previous 'It breaks my heart:' Heat wave is wreaking havoc on pets, warn Langley veterinary clinic staff - Aldergrove Star
Next Spending panel publishes test balloon on member salary increase

No Comment

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *