Pet of the week is a shy cat looking for a safe space
Animal: Jax, 3 1/2 years old, 12 pounds, male, domestic shorthair cat.
Where: Rancho Coastal Humane Society, 389 Requeza St., Encinitas. Open for adoptions from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday to Monday or Wednesday and Thursday by appointment. For more information on the adoption process, visit rhumanesociety.org.
Adoption fee: $100, including microchip registration, spay and up-to-date vaccinations, and a one-year license if his new home is within the jurisdiction of the San Diego Department of Animal Services Humane Society.
Profile: Jax is a shy cat who will need a safe space where he can observe his new world. Its owner will have to change its litter every day. He should be restricted to one area while he realizes he is home.
More information: (760) 753-6413 or sdpets.org.
Other adoption centers:
• Helen Woodward Animal Care Center, 6461 El Apajo Road, Rancho Santa Fe, Rancho Santa Fe, (858) 756-4117, option #1, or animalcenter.org.
• San Diego Humane Society, North Campus, 2905 San Luis Rey Road, Oceanside, (619) 299-7012 or sdhumane.org.
• San Diego County North Shelter, 2481 Palomar Airport Road, Carlsbad, (760) 438-2312 or sddac.com/north.asp.
• San Diego Humane Society, Escondido Campus, 3500 Burnet Drive, (619) 299-7012 or sdhumane.org.
• DirtyLittlePaws Rescue, 3311 Vivienda Circle, Carlsbad (office only), (760) 576-8702o or [email protected] or petfinder.com/shelters/CA2669.html.
• Fallbrook Animal Sanctuary, 230 Aviation Road, (760) 685-3533 or fallbrookanimalsanctuary.org.
• Camp Pendleton Animal Shelter, Bldg. 25132, (760) 725-8120 or petfinder.com/shelters/CA545.html.
• San Diego Humane Society, 5500 Gaines St., San Diego, (619) 299-7012 or sdhumane.org.
• El Cajon Animal Shelter, 1275 N. Marshall Ave., (619) 441-1580.
• Chula Vista Animal Care Facility, 130 Beyer Way, Chula Vista, (619) 691-5123.
• San Diego County South Shelter, 5821 Sweetwater Road, Bonita, (619) 263-7741 or sddac.com/south.asp. Note: This animal may have been adopted prior to publication.