More than 11 million pets entered our homes during the pandemic, creating a whole new generation of pet parents who are closer to their pets than ever and eager to involve their members. family in the holiday festivities. Almost 75% of pet parents give their pets gifts during the holidays, and about half of them spend more on gifts for their pets than other family members. * The Petco Holiday Collection is the perfect solution for those gift enthusiasts with over 400 unique and festive dog, cat and small animal items, all at a lower price point 40 $. The collection includes exclusive items including matching pet and pet parenting outfit fit for a greeting card, essential supplies ranging from beds, collars and leashes to adorable toys, healthy treats and fan favorite advent calendars. Parents of pets can also gift their pets stylish, durable and adventure-ready products from the winter collection of fashion brand Petco, Reddy, as well as top national brands such as Wild One. , Canada Pooch and Harry barker.
With more pets in homes than ever this year, Petco makes it easy for pet parents to include their beloved pets in all the special moments of the season:
- Anticipation : The holidays create opportunities for pet parents to find new ways to bond with their pets, and preparing for the celebration can be just as fun as the holidays itself. To get in the holiday spirit, pet parents can decorate hallways with fancy beds and throws; help ease their pets’ nerves and anxiety with soothing treats and chews; start the countdown to the holidays with advent calendars dispensing treats or toys for dogs, cats and small pets; and get their furry family members ready for the holidays with a routine vet check-up.
- The family photo: Pet parents can commemorate the season with a family vacation photo with their pets. Create a cohesive look with matching hats and sweaters for pets and pet parents or take inspiration from the seasons with a gingerbread dog sweater, Christmas tree cat cape or costume of secret santa claus bearded dragon. Pets will be at their best with the help of in-store or virtual dog training and ready for their close-up with Petco’s vacation grooming package including a seasonal gingerbread spritz and a limited edition holiday bandana.
- Celebration: Food is a central part of any holiday gathering, but common foods, such as turkey skin, grapes, raisins, bones, onions, candy, and spices, can be harmful to pets. . Pet parents can create a safe holiday spread with a selection of novelty chews and toys like Dandy Canes Chicken Flavor Raw Skinless Dog Food or Merry Makings Pie Plush Toy. WholeHearted Treats can also add zest for pets with Vanilla Churros from the WholeHearted Bakery Collection for Dogs or with new freeze-dried high protein cat treats. If a pet accidentally ingests food or other toxic materials, immediately contact a trusted veterinarian or the Pet Poison helpline.
- Gifts: Holiday shoppers are sure to find the perfect gift for every pet and pet parent on their shopping list with the wide selection of stockings, stockings, clothing, toys and accessories. Petco gift sets. Petco also offers a line of giveaways that continue to deliver, such as a Vital care subscription, PupBox subscription and gift cards.
- The adventure: Adventure awaits during the holiday season, making it a great time to outfit pets with the latest amenities like the Buffalo Check Beanie or the Reddy Lightweight Primaloft Puffer to keep them warm and toasty on outings. winter and travel. Parents of pets can also help their four-legged friends travel with ease in a Reddy Backpack Rack or Buffalo Plaid Scarf, and invite them to stretch their legs with a fun candy-print dog collar. and a matching leash.
The joy and convenience that Petco brings to pets and their parents this holiday season comes to life in two new commercials – âMaking Holiday Memories Togetherâ and âHoliday Needs Delivered Same Dayâ – from the âC ‘brand. is what we would like if we were pets “.
Additionally, Petco Love is partnering with Skechers BOBs to celebrate the life-changing power of pet adoption that will surprise animal shelters with $ 1 million in scholarships as part of the Petco Love Stories campaign this holiday season. Petco customers can join our mission to save animal lives through in-store donations and will receive a reusable tote bag as a thank you for donating. $ 10 or more or a large sports bag for donations of $ 20 or more. ** Pets and pet parents can also give back while creating a holiday memory with returning photos of Petco with Santa Claus. Between November 28 and December 18, Santa Claus will visit Petco animal care centers across the country, listen to animal wish lists and raise funds for animals in need. Pet parents can receive a digital souvenir photo of their pet and Santa Claus for a $ 9.95 donation to Petco Love. Check with your local Petco for dates and times of Santa’s visit. For more information on how Petco Love is giving back this season and its lifesaving work throughout the year, visit PetcoLove.org.
There are a number of ways that pet parents can shop for vacation, including at Petco pet care centers, through the Petco app, and at petco.com/holiday. Offering full “Petco & Go” services, including same day delivery, hassle-free repeat delivery and convenient curbside pickup, Petco helps pet parents get everything their pets need while on vacation. and beyond. Checking out has never been easier with multiple ways to pay for pet purchases including Petco Pay credit card and Klarna’s Shop Now, Pay Later in four interest-free payment options currently available in store and online later this month. Parents of pets will also receive a holiday gift with exclusive offers in November and December.
*Statistics from the 2021 Petco Survey of Consumers of 1,000 US Parents of Dogs and Cats.
** In store only until December 26, 2021, while stocks last.
About Petco, The Health + Wellness Co.
Petco is a category-defining health and wellness company focused on improving the lives of pets, pet parents and our own Petco partners. Since our founding in 1965, we’ve strived to set new standards in pet care, delivering comprehensive wellness solutions through our products and services and creating communities that strengthen the bond between pets and parents. We operate over 1,500 Petco locations in the United States, Mexico and Puerto Rico, including a growing network of over 150 in-store veterinary hospitals, and offer a comprehensive online resource for the health and wellness of pets on petco.com and on the Petco app. . In tandem with Petco Love (formerly the Petco Foundation), an independent, non-profit organization, we work with and support thousands of local animal welfare groups across the country and, through in-store adoption events, we helped find homes for over 6.5 people. million animals.
SOURCE Petco Health and Wellness Company, Inc.